Friday, November 28

Guess what this post is about....

MANAGEMENT!

I have yet another good example of bad teaching skills. For all you "soon to be teachers" this is a good example of what not to do.

So, about a week ago I took a second Management test. This time, because of the experience I had for the last test, I just read the book instead of looking over my notes. My notes are pretty much useless anymore. Here is a good example of my notes during any class.
Notice I bought new pens, sort of like crayons, to entertain myself. I'm getting off track.

Anyway, back to the test. So, I read and studied all three chapters that were included on this test. I was really confident going in. My "darling" teacher hands out the test and I became even more confident after I knew the first five questions. Well I finished the 80 question test in about 45 minutes and didn't waste anytime hanging around the classroom.

So, the next class my teacher had the tests corrected and ready. I say corrected but as I was notified SEVERAL times "he doesn't grade them the computer does." Gotta love scantron. Anyway, I get my test back and on the top was 60/80 75%. I was freaking out! How on earth could I have gotten such a low grade? I was so confident!! My teacher handed out the answer key and I was very interested to know what I did on this test. I went through it and I got the first 20 question correct, which were true/false. I was like I must have bombed the multiple choice. I continued to go through the test and I got to the last 20 questions and I only had 6 wrong. I was like whoa I must have trashed the last 20 questions.

I came to the last question and I only had 8 QUESTIONS WRONG! I was like hey now what's up with that? So, I raised my hand and of course my teacher had no idea what I talking about like normal! I took my paper up to the teacher to explain and he "tossed" my paper aside and said some bull crap like "I won't look at it now. After class." Now I was furious!

Well the end of class came and I politely asked if he could look over my test then (I'm dead serious I was honestly polite). So, I went to his office and I was like this is what happened and showed him my tests and the answers. And HE SAID "I find it interesting you were the only one who had this problem." WHAT AM I A CHEATER? I was so mad, but I kept it in so I could explain that I don't carry pencils or anything. And he just stared at me and then was like "well I'll look over it later." Again BULL CRAP! He would have just shoved it back in that folder and gave me a 75%. So, in desperation, I suggested that he had incorrectly recorded my grade at the top of the page. And of course I was once again reminded that he didn't correct the test, the computer did. You and I both know that has nothing to do with what I had just asked him. Then he's like "oh I have an idea." He whips out his folder and scans through the names and grades down to my name (I was looking over his shoulder at this point). And guess what it said next to my name? 72/80!!! Imagine that I only got 8 wrong!

So, I get some corny apology and some excuse about how the other students were disruptive. WHATEVER! Just give me my A and I'll be on my way.

But guess what?!?! ONLY TWO MORE CLASSES TO GO!!!

I'm so excited about that!

And that is the end of the most recent rant.

No comments: